Registered Patent Agent | Senior Patent Researcher
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan
- B.S. Applied Mathematics, University of Michigan
- 36+ years of experience in searching patents and non-patent literature world-wide, patent analytics, patent prosecution, landscaping analysis, patentability searches, invalidity/inter-parte reexamination searches, clearance/FTO studies, technology transfer, patent portfolio analysis, etc.
- 18+ years at a boutique law firm where Mr. Basma successfully managed the patent search department and handled all types of search projects for mostly the fortune 500 companies in both electrical and mechanical fields. Mr. Basma also worked in the capacity of a Patent Agent at the firm.
- Former USPTO patent examiner with experience in examining patent applications related to circuit board designs and layouts, connectors and digital control systems.
- Self-employed for 17+ years in a capacity of a patent agent/patent researcher where Mr. Basma handled all types of search projects primarily in the electrical and mechanical fields.
Apparel, airbags system, gear transmission systems and components, differentials, bearings, braking systems, communications, navigation, and relative location, guidance, electric vehicle, hybrid vehicles, bodies and tops, wheels & tires, tire inflation systems, fuel cells, railway, conveyor arrangements, HVAC, buildings and buildings equipment/parts, exercise equipment, drone structures, water filtration systems, circuit board layout and wiring, conductors and insulators, electrical connectors, circuit makers and breakers, semiconductors, integrated circuit packaging, memory, optical coating technologies, VLSI, CMOS technology, nano-technology, MEMS devices, prosthesis, medical imaging, dental appliances, pacemakers, defibrillators, therapeutic systems, catheters, etc.