Senior Patent Researcher
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Catholic University
- J.D., American University
- Liberal Arts Studies, University of Paris at the Sorbonne
- 23+ years of experience in client counselling, IP prosecution and litigation and patent portfolio management
- Patent and non-patent literature searching world-wide including invalidity/inter-parte reexamination searches, clearance/FTO studies, design patent searches, trademark searches, etc.
- Former USPTO examiner in computers and medical devices, worked at a major international law firm and for a multi-national aerospace company.
Optics, Lasers, semiconductors, integrated circuit packaging, memory, optical coating technologies, VLSI, CMOS technology, nano-technology, monitoring/imaging, information security, neurovascular, microprocessor architecture, GUI, control systems, radar, solar technologies, medical and surgical devices, avionics, satellite navigation, communications and “smart” devices for positioning, mapping, automotive systems, sensors, mechanical systems and their controls (such as by microprocessors), integrated circuits and micro-electronics, electrically-controlled machines, etc.
Speeches and Publications:
- Program speaker on tech programs in Seoul, Korea and San Juan, P.R., “Patenting and Licensing University Research.” Regional Conference, Central American University Technology Symposium, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Conference presenter, “Available USA Patented Technology for Joint Business Success,” Pacific Rim International Conference on Science and Engineering, Seoul, Korea.
- Seminar faculty at Southern Police Institute, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky on SPI training & continuing education programs for law enforcement. Lecturer and product demonstration: Police Surveillance: Miniaturization and Capabilities, the Technology and the Law.